27 February 2016

NANYANG PIK


Here's something that is family-friendly! Nope, it's not Chinese food but Malaysian! Don't really know the difference but since they strongly insist that they're 'Malaysian', I guess there must be some difference. This is Nanyang from Pantai Indah Kapuk, where there's always a new interesting spot popping out of nowhere!


Nanyang's not exactly new but they wanted to start reaching out to younger markets. The interior is very Chinese, or Malaysian, or..let's just call it Chinese..lol! It's pretty clear even before you enter the place with that huge red gate in front. Photo spot alert!! :p


NGO HIONG IDR 53K
For those who're not familiar with this, it's minced meat covered with beancurd skin. This is a very typical Chinese food, which is always present when I have a CNY dinner! Though I still prefer my mom's, this here isn't that bad as well. It's moist inside and crispy outside! Delicious especially when dipped into the sauce!


DEEP FRIED CHICKEN WITH HONEY IDR 50K
Guess this was slightly a bit hard to chew, which I bet is because of the honey. The taste is actually good and since I love sweet tasting sauce rather than the salty ones, especially in Chinese foods, this is totally perfect!


DEEP FRIED SQUID WITH SALTED EGG YOLK IDR 45K
Is it just me or does anyone else think that salted egg yolks are really overrated nowadays? It's like everything is suddenly paired with salted egg yolk, when actually salted egg yolk has been with Chinese food from the old times! Here's an example and I love it, always have! Well, it's true that salted egg yolk is suitable with almost everything!


DEEP FRIED PRAWNS WITH BUTTER FLAKES IDR 65K
Didn't really leave any big impression but it's okay-ish. Don't really understand what butter flakes is but I can't really taste any butter in this! For the prawns, I guess it was nicely cooked, so it's not bad, just not impressive!


CLAYPOT BAK KUT TEH
Since this is a Malaysian Bak Kut Teh, expect it to have a very strong taste of Chinese medicine..lol! That's what first striked me after just 1 sip. I'm not that big fan of Bak Kut Teh and this one's definitely a bit too much for me to handle but I bet to those who loves Bak Kut Teh, this is really a proper one!



CLAYPOT DRY BAK KUT TEH
I did say that I'm not a big fan of Bak Kut Teh but this totally blew me away! Love it, totally love it. The meat is super tender and it has a very strong flavor and the medicine taste is barely there here. All I could taste is a strong savory flavor because just imagine that this is the result from simmering a soup Bak Kut Teh! The flavor must have been absorbed very nicely into the meat!



I don't really know how they would attract younger markets because even after this I still think that I'd probably invite my family to dine here, which I think is more suitable! You can't deny that Chinese food is a more family oriented kind of food, right? Well, I hope they succeed anyways, since me and my high school friends actually loves to get together in a Chinese restaurant, so I guess there's still a chance that they'll succeed!


Nanyang
The Gallery Metro Broadway blok 8 CE & CF
Jl. Pantai Indah Utara 2
Pantai Indah Kapuk
Jakarta Utara 14460
021-30010557

Opening Hours :
Everyday :
Lunch : 10:00 am - 03:00 pm
Dinner : 05:00 pm - 10:00 pm

FACEBOOK
TWITTER
INSTAGRAM

1 comment:

  1. nice post!!!
    Hey, come and visit mine too. And subscribe back if you don't mind ^^

    http://www.chippeido.co.vu

    ReplyDelete