31 December 2015

FUJIN TEPPANYAKI & JAPANESE WHISKY


Finally tried this super cool new Japanese restaurant called Fujin! Yes, it's another Japanese and to close this year too! This year is filled with a lot of surprises, laughter and tears, either of joy nor sadness but it's another good year after all!
Well all I know about Fujin is that it's similar to Bali's Japanese restaurant called Rayjin. Now, if you're a Final Fantasy 8 fan, you're probably smiling to yourself right now! Are you gonna judge me for being a gamer geek? :p
 

Fujin opened in the start of December and is located at Senopati, in the same building as Monstore, in line with H gourmet. Basically, Fujin, like Rayjin, is a teppan!


Their concept is to cook everything with teppanyaki style and we can actually see them cooking here at the teppan bar. You can be assured that it's all cooked with teppanyaki style cause all the foods will be served from this bar!


Wonder what they're making here..maybe it's a pizza teppanyaki? Hmm, interesting..lol!


Not only that, they also have various Japanese liquor..and I mean various! It's to the point that their beverage menu book is a lot thicker than the food menu that already contains foods and desserts!


I guess it was to be expected, since when I looked closely, most tables has their own set of alcohols. The place is an all smoking room, yet they do limit it before 6 pm and I don't know why but the smell of cocaine isn't that strong, maybe it's overwhelmed by the smell of teppan? Lol!


They also have a drink bar for those who only came to have a drink and I was even told to wait here while my table was being cleaned!




They're the type of restaurant that only opens at lunch and dinner hours, so be sure to check out their opening hours before you came here!


I was told that I had to reserve before eating here but it's said here that walk-ins are welcomed..hmm? The reserving policy is also pretty strict, since after 15 minutes of the reserved time, our reservation will be canceled. Maybe I was told that, since the place is usually crowded!


Another thing is if you make a reservation first, you'll get your name hand-written in this card here! Totally awesome, definitely didn't regret reserving first!



Starting of with tapas but before we actually start, I'm just gonna say that EVERYTHING I had here is absolutely fantastic!

TUNA TATAKI IDR 75K
Panko coated tuna and avocado with tataki dressing and mayonnaise.

Even the starting dish is already outstanding! The outer is crispy and the inner is raw with a lovely dressing and even though there's avocado, I really didn't mind it cause everything is just in perfect balance! Great...now, I'm craving to have this again. It's just so refreshing with all those greens and tataki dressing! I totally recommend you to get this!!



BUTTERFISH MISOZUKE IDR 85K
Grilled miso marinated gindara.

This one is actually pretty ordinary compared to the other dishes I had but even their ordinary is way above standard! :') How could I say it's ordinary? Well, it's cause the taste is not something new, I felt like I've tasted something like this before, so it lacks that 'wow' factor. Nevertheless it's really delicious!


A super soft grilled gindara with a sweet miso sauce, just like how a decent grilled gindara is supposed to taste!


PORK BELLY SYOGAYAKI IDR 85K
Teppan grilled pork belly with sweet onion and ginger sauce.

THIS.IS.SUPER.GOOD! I repeat, SUPER GOOD! Love how the pork belly lacks fat and more meat and because I find onions a satisfying addition to meat dishes, this is heaven for me! The onion totally gives of a nice aroma and even the salad is delicious. Totally superb, though it's a bit dangerous to those who doesn't like onions, since the onion's pretty strong here!


What's unique about this dish is the ginger sauce! The ginger aroma is definitely what gives this dish that extra kick!



CHICKEN NANBAN IDR 85K
Sweet and sour marinated chicken with Japanese tartar sauce.

Another awesome dish! Though the tartar sauce is pretty ordinary, it's totally different if you combine it with the chicken and pesto! Seriously, all this outstanding dishes is almost unbearable, am I in heaven? Lol!




The conclusion is; all of you who lives in Jakarta needs to try this!! Yes, the portion's not much and it might get your wallet a diet but it's totally worth every penny you spend! You're definitely paying less than the quality they offer!
A great way to close the year and I'm sure that the next year will be even better!

Happy New Year everybody!! See you in 2016!

Fujin
Jalan Gunawarman No. 21
Kebayoran Baru
Jakarta Selatan 12110
021-27513030/3838

Opening Hours :
Lunch : 11:30 am - 03:00 pm
Dinner : 06:00 pm - late

WEBSITE
FACEBOOK
INSTAGRAM


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting
    Truly It was impossible the way you have explained all these things, Phoenix Fitness Discount code

    ReplyDelete