03 April 2015

SIP HA THAI BBQ


Welcome to April!!! Did anybody do any good pranks for April Fools? It's okay if you didn't, don't go overboard with your pranks, kay? Hope that this month will bring everyone more happiness! Let's work hard this month as well! :D Now, are you craving for some Thai? Well, you've come to the right place cause today, we'll be talking about this amazing Thai restaurant!


Venturing a bit further to the North, we decided to have Thai food here at Sip Ha Thai, located in Kelapa Gading, which I could say is really REALLY far from home! Sorry that I don't really remember the exact location but it's near Tiberias, just ask the people there, preferably securities or parking attendants!


The place is quite nice, it's not too small or big but there's 2 floors and I prefer the 1st floor, since the entrance is all glass, which means there's plenty of natural light! Photos of Thailand's culture also decorated the whole room, though I don't really get the bamboos but okay(?)



You can see they also have a huge projector for entertainment. At first, I didn't expect much but the place turns out quite cozy! From the photo below, you might think the place doesn't get much customer but after we were seated, we noticed that guests just kept coming in and the place was suddenly almost a full house!



One thing that I can't get out of my mind was the Thai songs..I know this is a Thai restaurant but I still don't understand the song at all, somebody teach me Thai language!


THAI ICED TEA IDR 14K & GREEN THAI MILK TEA IDR 16K
Love the green thai milk tea, though the Thai tea was a bit too watery, the green Thai milk tea was perfectly creamy and fragrant! Do hope that they've fixed the watery Thai tea, cause if they could make the green one that good, it's not supposed to be that hard to fix the Thai tea!


GAI PAD MED MAMUANG IDR 35K
If you're wondering what the name meant, it's actually Thai cashew chicken. The sweet flavor with just a hint of spiciness was really satisfying! Not to mention the tender chicken combined with the crispy cashew gave out a beautiful texture! Yum!



SEAFOOD PHAD THAI IDR 48K
I'm not really a big fan of Phad Thai cause I think that they kinda lack of flavor. It's not just this one though, cause all Phad Thai I've tried tasted the same and this was the most tolerable at the moment. It's not too oily and not too dry and the seafood was great, so that's good!


TOM YAM GOONG IDR 46K
Though you can't see that much herbs and spices like the ones in Thai Alley, this one's flavor is still strong! It's tangy and spicy with a lot of seafood, yet the aroma needs to be stronger!


PANDAN CHICKEN IDR 28K
All I know about pandan chicken is that they're hard cause of past experience..but these ones here shed a new light! I'm not saying that they're really tender cause I think it's the nature of pandan chicken to be slightly hard but at least I can say that these doesn't make me lose my appetite to eat it, especially when dipped on to that soy sauce!



CRISPY KANGKONG IDR 19K
Yeap, you read it right! Crispy kangkong, as in fried spinach and topped with chili powder. "That's it?", you might ask. Don't underestimate this, my friends cause this is surprisingly good! Flavorful way to eat spinach that kids will never be able to say no! It might not be as healthy as the original spinach but as long as it's delicious, who could complain?


SALTED EGG SQUID IDR 69K
A plate of cholesterol here! It's seafood plus salted egg, a double cholesterol and not only that but also double the tastiness! My favorite dish out of all, as usual it's the most unhealthy one..I think it's a curse. Seriously though, this is really good!



THAI PRAWN LAKSA IDR 39K
Since laksa and pad thai uses the same rice noodle, I didn't really liked both but I do love the laksa's soup! It's a bit spicy but still acceptable and I think that this is similar to Chinese curry soup and let me tell you, Chinese curry soup is my favorite, which is probably why I love this! I've just noticed that most dish I had consists of seafood but I'm amazed that they're all fresh!



CRISPY CHICKEN W/ SALAD IDR 39K
Wondering why the crispy chicken is soaked in sauce? No worries cause they're still crispy with stronger flavor! Tasted sweet and sour with a hint of spiciness, it's like a burst of flavor in my mouth plus the mango salad was really refreshing, especially after all those oily and fried foods I've had! Yum!



Overall the foods are a thumbs up and what amazed me is how much it all costs! For this quality, I really think that the price is very fair. If only they're not so far from home, I might just be their regular customer! Thank you for the delicious food and please open a branch on the West! :p

Sip Ha Thai BBQ & Bistro 
Jl. Boulevard Raya Blok PD 9 No. 1
Kelapa Gading
Jakarta Utara
021-45846893

Opening Hours :
Everyday : 10:00 am - 10:00 pm


1 comment:

  1. The only thing I didn't like was that many of the dishes were sitting out, Food Truck Catering Wedding


    ReplyDelete