16 January 2015

ARASSEO SOJU BAR & EATERY


Before we start, just gonna take a few moments to say;
CONGRATULATION MICHELLE HENDRA or better known as MICHIMOMO and friends for the opening of this new eatery called ARASSEO! Just from the name, you could probably have guessed that it's Korean but unlike the usual Korean BBQ, Arasseo is a soju bar and eatery!!


Entering the place is like entering a secluded beautiful hidden cave for a getaway! It's all white stone-like walls are a bit too simple but strangely artistic, though I do think they could use more decorations. I did hear that they're going to make some improvements, so I hope that it's better now!


The minus point of this place for me is probably the fact that you can freely smoke in this place, which I guess it's because this is more of a bar rather than a family restaurant, but still!


Now then, shall we begin the food galore?


KIMCHI
A mandatory Korean side dish! Since most Korean restaurants have side dishes, Arasseo here is no different!


FRIED PERILLA LEAF
You know that some Korean restaurants provide these leaves to wrap your grilled meat with and if you're wondering what Perilla leaf is, they're from the mint leaf family. Anyways, unlike in other restaurants, here they make it into a fried side dish! Who doesn't like fried foods?


CORN CHEESE IDR 30K
Grilled corn with mozzarella cheese.

A simple yet satisfying dish! Even if I might complain about the price, the taste is just too alluring for me to give it up! A bit sweetened corn mixed with those gorgeous melted mozzarella, the perfect balance of sweet and savory! Yum!


RICE BALLS IDR 15K
Rather than having the usual white rice, try spiking things up with these rice balls for a change! I don't recommend it for those who consumes a lot of rice though, cause portion-wise this is not much compared to the normal rice, yet it obviously contains a lot more flavor and it's a cute way to enjoy rice!


JAPCHAE IDR 80K
Korean style sweet potato vermicelli with beef and vegetables.

If Kimchi is a mandatory side dish then this is a mandatory main dish! You might realize that I would have Japchaes in a Korean restaurants most of the time and I'm always grateful when the Japchae is good like this one here! What also delighted me was the generous amount of meat here that you can clearly see in the photo below!


CHEESE CHICKEN IDR 95K
Sizzling chicken bulgogi with mozzarella cheese.

This dish is similar to the ones at Jeans Chilli Chicken, Gandaria City. The only difference is that this ones are not blazing hot, which is a total plus point for me! Spicy foods are not my cup of tea! It was an okay dish, nothing really special, since anything with mozzarella is hardly ever bad!


DAKGANGJEONG IDR 85K
Fried chicken with sweet and spicy sauce.

The HIGHLIGHT today!! I'd have this rather than the Japchae or Cheese Chicken anytime! Nothing looks more satisfying than those shiny sauce! The crispy skin, yet tender chicken meat covered in its special sauce, I can't help but lick my lips just by thinking about it! A definite must try!


YUKHOE IDR 190K
Raw beef and egg yolk with house dressing.

As you all know, consuming Yukhoe is like betting your health state, but considering how much its worth, I doubt they'll offer bad quality ingredients! Personally, I'm not a big fan of this dish, yet they always turns out better than I thought!


TOBIKO EGGROLLS IDR 52K
Egg roll with fish roe and cheese filling.

Woah! I didn't even know that there's tobiko in this! Apparently, I was not the one who ordered this, so mind you! And since I didn't even know about the tobiko before actually reading the name, you should probably have been able to guess how this one tasted!


SOONDUBU JJIGAE IDR 75K
Spicy tofu soup with beef and seafood.

For a soondubu jjigae, as long as the seafood is fresh and the level of spiciness is not way overboard, I'm fine with it! Nevertheless, I'm pleased with this one!


INFUSED SOJU (BUBBLE GUM) IDR 250K
Even though I don't usually drink, this particular one made me had seconds! The bubble gum kinda toned down the bitterness of the alcohol, which made it really enjoyable and there are a lot of other flavors to choose from! I'd really like to try the Yakult and Peach infused ones!


SANRITA IDR 95K
San Miguel & Margarita.

A new and improved way to enjoy both! Although I prefer the infused soju, this Sanrita is just too cool to miss out on! If you like San Miguel and Margarita, why not have both?


Foods here are overall okay and the drinks're great! However, I'd suggest they improve their service a little bit, cause I did struggle a bit when calling the waiters. Other than that, it was a fine day and it's also  the first time meeting MICHIMOMO in person! She is a very lively and lovely fashionista indeed! Well, we wish you the best of luck!!

Arasseo Soju Bar & Eatery
Jl. Senopati No. 16
Kebayoran Baru
Jakarta Selatan
021-27510187

Opening Hours :
Everyday : 06:00 pm - late



No comments:

Post a Comment